Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That Deadline Already

So the month has come to a close and I’m far from completing my NaNoWriMo novel. A few of my writing buddies, who did rise to the challenge, have “winner” marked on their word count bar. Since I’m not a winner, does that make me a loser?

Okay, so I don’t think I’m a loser. I didn’t start this task with the notion that I would finish in a month. And, honestly, anyone familiar with my writing process didn’t think so either. But that doesn’t mean I won’t. Because, again, anyone who knows me doesn’t believe I’ll give up. They know instead I’ll just push out the deadline.

Now setting deadlines have never been something I’ve been good at scheduling, but even I know a month isn’t a realistic one. As far as when I’ll finish my NaNoWriMo novel, I’m not sure. I think I’ll keep my commitment to finishing it open ended for now. I’ll leave the bar up, but will rename it with my working title, Glitch.

So there might be an “L” stamped on my word count bar, but it’s not for loser. I say it’s for late.

No comments:

Post a Comment