The new girl my boss hired lasted only one day. My boss thinks she got spooked after she took a tour of our manufacturing facility. I’m not convinced that was the reason, so I put together my own list of possibilities:
- While the “Crazy” co-worker was training, the new girl asked why she was quitting. "Crazy" told the new girl that she didn't get along with the boss, but assured the new girl that she might get along with him better.
- The boss told “Crazy” to take the new girl out to lunch, he was buying, “Crazy” took her to McDonald's.
- The new girl’s work history was in a completely different field than the one she was hired into.
- A half hour before “Crazy” arrived the new girl was alone with the boss. If her alone time with him was anything like mine when I first started, he was standing way too close for comfort.
- The mortuary silence in the office is enough to creep anyone out.