Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bringing Crazy Back

I use to love Gnarls Barkley’s "Crazy." If your not familiar with it, take a listen:



Whenever I heard it on the radio, I’d turn it up and sing along. You all can be thankful I don’t possess the technology to post that.

Yes, I really enjoyed that song until I experienced it as my co-worker’s ringtone. The first time the "Crazy" intro broke through the mortuary silence of our office I was ready to take cover. And it wasn’t like she answered it immediately, but my boss didn’t blow. The second time it happened, which was the next day, nothing again. And it continued every day thereafter and every day I held my breath wondering if that was going to be the time he lost it. Because with him, it's all a matter of time. So when we reached her last day, which was this past Thursday, I felt like we might have dodged the big one.

Friday morning couldn’t have started better. My boss was out of town, "Crazy" was gone, and my favorite co-worker brought us McDonald’s for breakfast. My perfect workday lasted for one minute because at 8:01 my "Crazy" ex-co-worker called to say she’d be back on Monday. I almost choked on my hash brown.

Apparently after "Crazy" left the building, my boss realized there was no new person to take over the vacant job, no one to train the new person we didn’t have, and no one to do the job until we found someone new. That left my boss with one option: to bring "Crazy" back.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I would agree that would have been the smart way to go. But if that were the case I wouldn't have such great material to work with :)

    ReplyDelete