Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Please Don't Drill Us

On Monday two guys walked in with a drill and a bag. No, this isn’t the start of a joke. Although the way the situation was handle, well, you decide.

My boss, my favorite co-worker and I were all up front when the two guys came through the door. They told us they were there for the bottled water system. We don’t have one. So they changed their story to being there for our filtration system. Bingo! We have one of those and said as much, because you give that kind of information when someone is holding a drill like a gun.

I was all ready for them to take it, but it wasn't that type of situation. They explained there was a recall on a part and they needed to replace the part. Now if my boss had been in his office receiving the information, safely away from these intimidating looking guys, he would have ask a million questions like:

What do they want?

Recall? What recall?

What part?

And so on...

But when face-to-face with a drill, my boss didn’t ask a single question. They showed no identification nor did they have any paperwork. They were able to walk freely to our cafeteria and do whatever it was they did, because no one stayed with them to supervise. Then when they were done replacing whatever it was they left.

Needless to say, I didn’t drink any water from the filtration system after that. I’m sure the water was fine, because honestly, our company isn’t a place anyone would want to terrorize. That’s left up to my boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment