Friday, September 10, 2010

O Construction, Where Aren't Thou?

I’m certain anyone in a fifty mile radius of me is suffering the same road construction woes. But the construction giving me the most stress is the internal transformation I’m working on. And since I don’t foresee it being halted by the upcoming winter season, I need to find a better way through it.

I don’t want all the hard work I’ve done to rebuild myself to come crashing down at the first inevitable upset. So I think a good first step is to root myself to something that will keep me steady. There are plenty of mantras to pick from. And I could repeat them until they are so seared in my brain, I think I came up with them. But this is probably a job for more than words.

A strong support system would be a better choice. The encouragement from family and friends is far greater than any of the hundred encouraging thoughts I tell myself. Thankfully I’m blessed with a great group so I think I’m off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment