Monday, September 27, 2010

Kill Him With Kindness

After sleeping on it, I’ve decided the best way to handle the weekend injustice placed on me by my boss isn’t the old way. That would be how he would expect me to react. And the best way to deal with opposition is to do what they least expect.

Instead I’m going to go about my day feeling happy and blessed. I’ll give him a good morning greeting with a genuine smile. If I respond in this manner, my kindness will certainly kill the joy he expects to receive from the misery he wished to inflict.

I imagine he’ll also be upset with this response because it means his control over me has limits. I’ll show him he doesn’t have the power to ruin my day. Whether he makes me take 5 days or changes his mind and lets me take the already agreed upon 3, his dictation ends there.

No comments:

Post a Comment