Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tempting To Wish For

Tempted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast is the sixth book in the House of Night series. I love these books. In my opinion they are a fun read.

One of my favorite things in it is the tattoos. They appear as a way of letting you know you are on the right path. How great would that be? Not the tattoos-all-over-your-body part. The part about being told you’re on the right path.

Instead of a permanent tattoo, maybe I could just have a message appear on my arm or something. Like if I do something good, “Yeah, way to go.” Or, “Keep up the great work.” Since the messages would fade, I would need to take a pic to show my naysayers. It would be the only way to fully bask in the I-told-you-so.

But then there would be the moments when I wasn’t on the right path. I’d probably need to know about that too. Of course, anyone would prefer just not to get a message, but it wouldn’t be as effective as if I got, “Hey dumbass, what the heck were you thinking?” Or, “Duh, like, you couldn’t see that one coming?” Now lets hope those naysayers I previously was quick to show the positive too, aren’t around for these. Because, yes, they would take pics to later pull out the next time I tried something.

In case someone who reads this is interested in checking out the series, I don't want to put the details of what book six is about and ruin the surprises found in books one through five. So here is what the series itself is about, as written on the House of Night website:

House of Night is a thrillingly engaging book series that follows 16-year-old Zoey Redbird, who gets “Marked” by a vampyre tracker and begins to undergo the “Change” into an actual vampyre. She has to leave her family in Tulsa and move into the House of Night, a boarding school for other fledglings like her.

It’s within the school’s walls that the heart of the action takes place as Zoey meets new friends, finds love, comes to terms with how her life will be different now and begins to realize her awesome new powers.

2 comments:

  1. **waves hand in the air** I want one of those tattoos!

    You have definitely piqued my interest in these books. I love stuff like this!
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piqued my interest in these books. I will definitely be reading them. Love the tattoo concept. Magical and very cool. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete