Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Give Him A Minute

It is hard for me to step back from the negative perception I have of my boss. But on the days he is -- dare I say -- pleasant, I can’t help but think it won’t last. At the forefront of my mind is the idea to “give him a minute.” With him, moods and decisions are made and changed in blink-time (for those who wouldn’t waste time looking up how fast an eye blinks – it’s estimated at 300 to 400 milliseconds).

But today, all skewed opinions aside, my workday was pretty good and yes, I’ll admit that my boss was there. It is on his “nice” days that I think maybe I’m too hard on the man. But then I’m reminded by my grudge, in about half the blink-time, of all the things I still can’t get over. Maybe one day I’ll get there, but not on this nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment